Saturday, March 7, 2009

Natural Playscapes Workshop

On Friday, Stan and Grandma Sally took time out of their entire day to watch all the kids for me so I could attend the Natural Playscapes Workshop by Rusty Keeler, a designer from upstate New York. I traveled to Hesston, KS where I participated in a wonderfully organized event; it included Keeler's photo presentation and walking tours to the Arboretum and an inter-generational childcare center with a natural playground. I even got to speak with Rusty Keeler and address some of the design issues I was having, as the group took time to dream up their own natural play grounds. I left the workshop with new ideas, a bag full of resources, and an autographed book. It was a great day!

2 comments:

  1. That's really cool, Kate. His ideas sound very unique. Boy, I wish we lived closer. I would love to have you teach our kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kat, my beautiful daughter-in-law, you are always looking for creative ways for your children and the other children you have taken into your home to teach and care for. You are one of a kind. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete