Saturday, September 12, 2009

Cutting Work

I prepared some cutting work for Mada this week. She is interested in scissors and cutting but has not had many opportunities to explore this skill. I think this would have benefited Amelia as well when she was a little younger. Both the girls were excited to get started. I used cardstock so it would not be too flimsy. I cut each sheet of cardstock into 4 strips and drew black horizontal lines for cutting along. Mada was not able to cut on the lines yet, but she did cut the strips into pieces. Amelia found cutting along the short straight lines rewarding...much simpler than some of her recent more complicated cutting activities that have caused her some frustration. We had lots of good cutting going on! I will get this activity out from time to time for continued practice.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoying reading all about the activities and lessons you guys are doing. I need to get Vivian a pair of scissors to start snipping at things too. Lots of fun stuff goin on here!

    ReplyDelete