Friday, April 10, 2009

Easter Preparations



Today is Good Friday and Easter will soon be here! This year, I have been working on making the holidays special for my family. I have read some really great books about this subject, but one of my favorites is called "Lets Make a Memory" by Gloria Gaither and Shirley Dobson. I actually checked the book out from the library and really loved it. I just made some notes before returning it, but it would definitely be one to add to my home library. I will be hosting Easter Dinner so I gathered some decor for the table. There are two speckled egg topiaries in light pastels, a new table cloth in taupe, light green plates that my mom gave me, small favor boxes and chocolates to place inside, ceramic salt and pepper shakers in a little twig nest, and some color coordinated paper napkins. I will add a picture of the finished table in a later post.

On the menu... Glazed Ham, mashed potatoes, green beans, corn, jello fruit salad,and rolls. Desert will be Strawberry Shortcake, Pineapple Upside down Cake, and Chocolate bunt cake.


No comments:

Post a Comment